Immunity booster useful in diabetes, relieve stress and anxiety
In this busy world, wherever we go malls, gym, cinemas or even stay at home, no matter what the spot is we are 24x7 surrounded by micro organisms and viruses called pathogens which ultimately affect our health and can even cause several diseases. Immunity is basically a superpower of our body which protects and helps fight off disease. Now the important question is with all these pathogens around, why aren't we sick every single moment?
The answer to this question is our immune system, which gives us different types of immunity to protect us from various diseases.
So, as previously explained that immunity is the superpower of our body, in the same case the immune system is basically the major powerhouse of the immunity. Immune system is a complex network of cells and proteins that defends the body against infections. Every time our body defeats any virus or infection, the immune system maintains a record of each defeated microbe so it can easily recognise and destroy the microbe quickly in case it enters the body again.
Types of Immunity
There are 3 major types: -
- Innate Immunity
It is also called natural or inherited immunity which is already present in our body since birth and it protects us against any kind of infections. The main purpose of this immunity is to immediately prevent and stop the spread and movement of foreign pathogens throughout our body.
It has several other ways to defend itself against microbes, including:
- Physical barriers- Skin, Gastrointestinal tract, Respiratory system, Nose, Throat, Body hair, Eyes, Eyelashes etc.
- Defence mechanisms- Mucous, Gastric acid, Saliva, Tears, Sweat, Secretions etc.
- General immune responses- Like inflammation that enables the movement of blood to the site of infection, that is an immune response that marks pathogens for destroying them and then makes a hole in their cell membrane.
- Adaptive Immunity:
This immunity normally occurs after the body is exposed to a pathogen or infection or when we get a vaccination shot. Basically, its composed of some highly-specialized systemic cells that eliminate or prevent pathogenic growth within out body. In simple words, whenever the Innate Immunity is not very strong and sufficient enough to fight and protect the body against the harmful substances that is the moment when Adaptive Immunity gets activated. It develops the ability to recognize and remember specific pathogens to generate immunity, and mount stronger attacks each time the pathogen is encountered.
It does provide longer protection than Innate Immunity. The perfect example of this is seen in our lives, when we get a cold, the first time around the recovery time is more. The second time when it reappears, the recovery time shortens.
- Passive Immunity
It’s commonly called as ‘borrowed’ immunity, i.e. immunity that develops after a person receives immune system antibodies, from another person. It basically provides an immediate protection against an antigen, but does not provide long-lasting protection.
Its of two major forms:
Natural source: When an infant receives a mother's antibodies through breast milk.
Artificial source: When a person receives antibodies in the form of an injection.
All the above listed types of immunity plays a crucial role in developing the immune system, but the powerhouse also requires strength in order to function smoothly and stay healthy in the long run. Food is one such natural immunity boosters which gives strength and stamina to the immune system.
- Immunity-boosting Fruits
- Citrus Fruits are basically rich in vitamin C and they enhance the production of white blood cells. Since human body naturally cannot produce this vitamin, doctors advise consuming a regular dosage of the vitamin in any form every day. Few fruits to regularly consume are grapefruit, orange, sweet-limeand lemon.
- Papaya is alsorich in vitamin C and digestive enzymes. A healthy gut is the key to maintaining overall health. Hence, consuming papaya boosts our immunity.
- Pomegranate hasanti-viral, anti-bacterialand anti-tumor properties, making it one of the healthiest fruits. It is rich in vitamins A, C, E, and folic acid, thus helping our body protect from many diseases.
- Immunity-boosting Vegetables
- Broccoli is rich in vitamins A, C, E, K and antioxidants. It is rich in fibre thus very beneficial for the digestive system of our body. It’s observed that if you regularly eat a broccoli, it helps you maintain your health in the best shape.
- Drumsticks, is a wonderful vegetable filled with vitamins and minerals that keeps your immune system active and healthy. It has a multipurpose usage; the seeds, leaves, immature pods, roots, and even bark (powder form) can be used to prepare various dishes that will ultimately boost your immunity.
- Carrots are rich in vitamin A and antioxidants, which helps in fighting infections, inflammationsand cell-damages. It can be consumed in any form; raw or juice.
- Immunity-boosting Spices
- Garlic is the most commonly found spice in households. It is one of the most popular house-remedies to cure a common cold. Its unique aroma and flavour, makes the food delicious to consume.
- Turmeric is an amazing spice and it has a special place in the books of Ayurveda. Its main component – Curcumin, plays an important role in increasing the body’s antioxidants and strengthening theimmune system. Turmeric-Ginger tea is one of the best remedies to cure a flu.
- Star anise (Chakra Phool) has immense antibacterial properties, thus strengthening the immune system.
- Immunity-Boosting foods – Ayurveda
- Ghee is a rich source of omega-3, fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K. It has an amazing antiviral property, thus having an adequate quantity of ghee daily keeps you safe from microbes and improves your gut health.
- Tulsi is another ingredient which has a special place in the books of Ayurveda. It has abundance of properties, with its anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties, it’s one of the natural immunity boosters. By consuming raw leaves or preparing ginger, tulsi and turmeric tea one can keep themselves away from infections and diseases.
- Water is a natural immunity booster. Itplays an essential role in removing toxins from your body and helping blood deliver oxygen to every cell of our body.
- Healthy Lifestyle
Apart from eating healthy food, one must always follow a healthy lifestyle in order to boost their immunity.
- Exercise and Yoga
Exercising and practising Yoga regularly helps to boost blood circulation, lowers stress level and helps to keep our immune system functioning properly.
- Get enough sleep
Sleep is the most import aspect for a strong immune system, thus inadequate sleep may increase chances of falling more and more sick. Thus, most adults should get at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
- Maintain Good Hygiene
Maintaining good hygiene is the most important step to increase immunity. By simply following basic hygienic rules like brushing your teeth twice daily, properly washing your hands before consuming food and trimming nails to keep them neat and tidy, one can surely reduce possibility of infections and diseases.
- Avoid Smoking & Drinking
Smoking and Drinking can literally destroy the immune system and open the gates for more and more infection and diseases. Thus, its advised to stay away from these harmful things in order to live a long healthy life.
Till now we have understood that the immunity is the superpower of our body and the most complex but a vital aspect for our survival. In order to keep this superpower alive, we must take proper care of our immunity system, which is the powerhouse of the immunity. Thus, all this is only possible by following a good healthy diet and healthy lifestyle, only then we can boost our immunity and live a long healthy life.
Purchase our Immunity booster useful in diabetes, relieve stress and anxiety