The following components can help to smoothen the digestive system and make the process smooth and faster.
- Ginger (Zingiber Officinale)
Ginger, a healthiest and most delicious spice on the planet. It’s a very common ingredient used in processed foods, cosmetics and medicines. It can be used in varied form - fresh, dried, powdered, oil and juice. It has antioxidants and other nutrients which help and treat health issues like arthritis, inflammation and various types of infections.
Benefits of Ginger
- Smoothness movement of digestive tract, gives relief from gas and prevents constipation.
- Helps prevent various types of nausea, including chemotherapy-related nausea, post-surgery and morning sickness.
- Helps in weight loss, lowers blood sugar levels and improves various heart disease risk factors in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Reduces symptoms of osteoarthritis, especially that of the knees.
- Dhania (Coriandrum Sativum)
Dhania, commonly called as coriander is a common sprinkle and condiment used in most household especially in India. This fragrant, antioxidant-rich herb has many culinary uses and health benefits. The dried seeds are used for medicinal purpose and its unique taste enhances the nutritional value of the food.
Benefits of Dhania
- Lowers bad cholesterol and increases the levels of good cholesterol
- Strengthens the digestive system, promotes liver functioning and smoothens the bowel movements.
- Stimulates the insulin secretion and lower the blood sugar levels.
- Improves eye health and prevents eye diseases.
- Helps in the treatment of anemia and improves menstrual flow.
- Promotes hair regrowth and delays the premature graying of the hair.
- Fennel Seeds (Foeniculum Vulgare)
Fennel seeds, a flavorful culinary herb and medicinal plant. It contains nutrients like magnesium, potassium and calcium, which plays important roles in keeping heart healthy. It has a mild, licorice-like flavor which is mostly used for medicinal and culinary practices. People majorly consume it post meal for fastening digestion and refreshment.
Benefits of Fennel Seeds
- Increases secretion of saliva, kills the harmful bacteria’s and freshens mouth breath.
- Improves digestive system, contributes to better heart health and lowers risk of cardiac diseases.
- Treats flatulence, heartburn, bloating and conditions like IBS and GERD.
- Boosts the weight loss process and acts as a natural remedy to maintain blood pressure.
- Strengthens female fertility and regulates the menstrual cycle.
- Bael (Aegle Marmelos)
Bael, a tree of the family Rutaceae is cultivated for its fruit. The unripe fruit, root, leaf and branches possesses many medicinal values and therefore used as an main ingredient in ayurvedic herbal medical preparations. The ripen bael fruits are popular and delicious fruit pulp, which is ideal for making jam, syrup, and pudding.
Benefits of Bael
- Its cooling, refreshing, nutritious and mild laxative properties helps to give relief during hot summers.
- Control blood cholesterol levels and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- Produces insulin and acts like a natural detoxifying agent that prevents kidney and liver dysfunctions.
- Prevents infections due to bacteria and viruses i.e. diarrhea and cholera.
- Beneficial for skin rash, itchy bumps and skin infections.
- Improves the quality of breast milk during lactating.
- Aloe vera (Aloe Barbadensis Miller)
Aloe Vera, a thick short-stemmed plant which has healing gel in its leaves. It’s a popular worldwide used medicinal plat that people have used for a thousand of years. It has healing properties which calms, soothes, and hydrates the skin. It is best known for a range of therapeutic properties, especially as an ointment for skin and gums.
Benefits of Aloe Vera
- Treating diabetes and skin injuries.
- Heals minor ailments; sunburn, minor cuts and small abrasions.
- Heal wounds, mouth ulcers, improves skin elasticity and prevents wrinkles.
- Reduces dental plaque and treats constipation.
- Boon for managing various skin problems like acne and blemishes.
- Controls dandruff and hair loss.
- Aloe vera juice helps to lose weight and manage diabetes.
- Amla (Phyllanthus Emblica)
Amla or Indian Gooseberry is a highly potent medicinal plant known for its innumerable healing properties. It contains five tastes – sweet, sour, bitter, astringent and pungent that helps in the functioning of both mind and body. With high concentrations of vitamin C it helps the body recover from illness, improved memory and strengthens overall health.
Benefits of Amla
- Reduce blood glucose levels and lipid counts in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Helps the body to regulate bowel movements and relieve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Improves vision and lowers the risk of age-related macular degeneration.
- Increases the number of white blood cells, strengthens the body’s defence mechanism and flushes out toxic chemicals.
- Improves liver function, boosts vitality and provides energy.
- Rejuvenates hair follicles, prevents hair loss and baldness.
- Ajwain (Trachyspermum Ammi)
Ajwain, a polular herb with medicinal properties and a famous spice of the Indian kitchen. It’s aromatic seeds are commonly used in adding flavour to a number of desi drinks, curries and even breads like parathas. They are bright green in colour and are broad and pulpy with a layer of very fine and soft hair on top of them. People add its leaves in dishes to enhance flavor and taste.
Benefits of Ajwain
- Treats peptic ulcers as well as sores in the esophagus, stomach and intestines.
- Instant relief from acidity, bloating, gas and Indigestion
- Helps in dealing with respiratory ailments like asthma and bronchitis.
- Acts as a great mouth freshener and maintains good oral hygiene.
- Natural mosquito repellent
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra)
Licorice, an important medicinal herb which is highly nutritional and therapeutic that has been used from ancient times in different ways; as a sweetener and a thirst quencher. Its available in many forms; herbal teas, candies, capsules of dried herb and liquid extract. Licorice treats a number of health conditions, including bronchitis, constipation, heartburn, gastric ulcer, eczema, and menstrual cramps.
Benefits of Licorice
- Slows down the progression of chronic bronchitis.
- Lessens down symptoms of menopause, including hot flashes.
- Used for eczema, inflammation of the liver and mouth sores.
- Gives relief from heartburn and indigestion.
- Reduces throat inflammation due to asthma.
- Lessens down cavity-causing bacteria and enhances gum care.
- Alsi (Linum Usitatissimum)
Alsi, are world’s renowned super foods which are very nutritious and used for several health conditions. Its commonly known as Flax seeds, and is commonly used in the preparation of energy bars. Its rich in carbohydrates, protein, fibre and various minerals which together helps in weight loss goals and maintaining good gut health. Its either consumed raw or roasted depending on personal preference.
Benefits of Alsi
- Aids in weight loss and boosts bone health.
- Promotes regular bowel movements.
- Reduces cell damage and restores vitamin C and E levels.
- Reduces inflammation in kidney patients.
- Lessen down the risk of heart attack and strokes.