What is Gulkand
Gulkand, is a sweet made out of preservative of rose petals. It’s derived from a Persian word, Gul means rose while Qand means sugar/sweet. With cooling properties, it helps in reducing tiredness, lethargy, itching, aches and pains. Gulkand is a coolant, which can be consumed in various ways; rose milkshake, rose petal ice cream, falooda, paan, desserts or even as a beautiful filling in cookies. It’s known to be a powerful antioxidant and a great rejuvenator.
Uses and benefits of Gulkand
Gulkand is a great medicine in Ayurveda and is primarily known for its cooling properties which reduces the excess heat building up in the body.
Following are some uses-
- Reduction of pitta and heat in the body.
- Reduction in eye inflammation and redness.
- Strengthens teeth and gums
- Reduces acidity and stomach heat.
- Reduces burning sensations in the soles and palms.
- Treats mouth ulcers and prevents swelling in the intestine.
- Gives relief in menstrual pain and treats excessive white discharge problem.
- Improves appetite, digestion and corrects digestive problems.
- Flushes out toxic chemicals from the body and purifies the blood.
- Gives a clear complexion and prevents the occurrence of various skin problems.
- Reduces excessive perspiration and foul body odor.
- Prevents sunstroke and may reduce nostril-bleeding.
Directions of using Gulkand
Research&Development laboratories have developed a modern & convenient form of Gulkand, which just needs to be added in our regular lifestyle in order to experience some great health benefits.
Its suitable for people of all ages, secondly there is no such side effects or precautions one has to follow while consuming it. According to experts the best way to consume Gulkand is to eat 2 teaspoons of rose petals daily for better results.
Key Ingredients of Gulkand
The finest and best quality ingredients of Rose petals, Tulas Beej, Sabja Beej and Pravala are the main composition of Gulkand which together calms and relaxes the nervous system thus helps in reducing stress.